Vehicle Rentals

If departments or organizations find it necessary to rent vehicles from an agency in a foreign country for approved University functions or business on a short-term basis, the vehicle should be rented in the name of the University. Because of the difference in insurance requirements in other countries, departments should always purchase all available insurance provided by the rental agency.

If a program needs ground transportation for students, staff and/or alumni, we recommend that GU contract with a charter transportation company to provide such services (bus or van together with driver). Risk Management can review the contract for insurance information.