The Georgetown University Vehicle Policy establishes requirements for the operation of University vehicles by students, faculty and staff. The policy applies to all University-owned or leased vehicles, rental vehicles and personal vehicles used in connection with University-related activities.
To become an authorized driver, you must be 18 years of age or older, have held a valid U.S. driver's license for at least one year, and have an acceptable driving record.
Who Should Be Authorized?
- All faculty, staff & students who drive University vehicles
- Students using personal or rental vehicles to transport students, staff or other Georgetown affiliates for University-related business
- Faculty and staff using personal vehicles to transport students, staff or other Georgetown affiliates for University-related business outside of the Washington Metropolitan.
How to Become an Authorized Driver
To request first-time authorization or to renew your authorization:
If you are employed or engaged in programs in the following departments please contact the adminitrators named in the department.
- Facilities: Tawanna Price, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgetown University Police Department: Charles Rathell, email@example.com
- Athletics: Lynn Newton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Social Justice (CSJ): Lucia Cappelloni, email@example.com
Ray Shiu, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Student Engagement: Lauren Gagliardi, email@example.com
Lee France, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Neighborhood Life: PT Jones, PT.Jones@georgetown.edu
For new drivers, the authorization process includes completing an online driving course. The training needs to only be completed once and you will receive a certificate upon completion.
Please see the instructions below:
- Go to www.edurisklearning.org
- Click "Register Now" and fill out the registration form using the following institution code: 1716-UN37-XY12
- Once registered, you will be sent a temporary password for your initial log in. Use this to log in and then create your own password.
- After you have logged in, click on the "Driver Safety Training" box and complete this training course.